Ofek Hub is a new online learning platform for students of all ages to study from the comfort of their home.
Learn from the very best teachers from around the country. Courses are held in small groups, allowing for direct interaction between students and teachers. Teachers are well-versed in teaching with state-of-the-art online learning tools, specifically suited for distance learning. We are offering a variety of courses: Hebrew (from 1st grade to adults and in different levels), Holocaust courses, B’nai/B’not Mitzvah courses, enrichment courses for children and adults, parenting courses and much more.
The Ofek program offers learning with certified Israeli, native Hebrew-speaking teachers in small groups immersed in a warm, supportive, Israeli atmosphere. At Ofek, we view Hebrew as a gateway to Israel and the Jewish people. During our courses, the students will engage with Hebrew by studying a variety of topics related to Israel and the Jewish people: history, geography, Israeli identity, Jewish identity, music, art, holidays, games and more. The diverse, interactive, online curriculum is aimed at delivering a personal learning experience for all students.
At Ofek, we place a special emphasis on creating and building an Israeli-Jewish online community through a social platform, where students are invited to strengthen their Hebrew speaking skills with each other. Ofek is a unique platform that helps the learner develop and preserve the asset of the Hebrew language and Israeli Jewish culture in an experiential and communal way.
We offer a variety of courses:
*Hebrew courses for all ages (1st grade to adults). You can find our Hebrew courses for Hebrew speakers here: https://www.ofekhub.org/hebrew-speakers/
You can find our Hebrew courses for non-Hebrew speakers here: https://www.ofekhub.org/non-hebrew-speakers/
* B’nai/B’not Mitzvah: You can find our B’nai Mitzvah courses here: https://www.ofekhub.org/bnaimitzvah/
* Holocaust courses: You can find our Holocaust courses here: https://www.ofekhub.org/holocaust/
* Adults courses: Never stop learning! A variety of engaging courses especially designed for adult education. You can find our adult courses here: https://www.ofekhub.org/adultclasses/
* Enrichment courses: history, cooking, psychology, and art – there is something for everyone here! You can find our enrichment courses here: https://www.ofekhub.org/enrichment/
* Parenting courses: You can find our parenting courses here: https://www.ofekhub.org/parenteam/
For Hebrew speaking students we offer the following levels:
Level 1: The course is taught in Hebrew and is intended for Hebrew-speaking students who do not know how to read and write.
In the course we will learn:
* Familiarity with the alphabet: sounds (vowels & consonants), short words, short sentences.
* Writing: letters of the alphabet in print /nikud, words and short sentences.
* Reading: simple words and short sentences.
* Conversing: the students will converse in Hebrew using new vocabulary learned in class.
Level 2 Beginners: This course is taught in Hebrew and is intended for Hebrew-speaking students who have acquired the alphabet letters in print, as well as the Hebrew vowels, and who are able to read and write simple words in Hebrew.
In this course the students will:
* Learn how to write the Hebrew alphabet in script and will form simple sentences in Hebrew.
* Be able to read sentences, short stories and answer simple questions in Hebrew.
* Expand vocabulary.
* Learn basic grammar.
* Be able to understand and follow instructions in Hebrew.
Level 2 Advanced: This course is taught in Hebrew and is intended for Hebrew-speaking students who can write script letters, know all the vowels and who are able to read and write sentences in Hebrew fluently.
In the course students will:
* Strengthen reading and writing skills.
* Review script letters and develop an independent and creative method for writing.
* Read short stories, expand vocabulary, and answer questions.
* Grammar: sentence structure (noun, verb, adjective).
Level 3: This course is taught in Hebrew and is intended for Hebrew-speaking students, who read and write Hebrew fluently.
This course will focus on:
* Language, grammar, and comprehension: word families, root words, opposites, verbs, nouns, adjectives.
* Reading books and writing a book report.
* Conducting research and presenting in Hebrew.
Level 4: This course is taught in Hebrew and is intended for Hebrew-speaking students, who read and write Hebrew fluently.
The sessions will be held once a week for 45-50 minutes and will focus on acquiring and developing the following language skills: Reading and Reading Comprehension, Writing, Grammar, and Listening Comprehension.
This course will focus on:
*Language, grammar and comprehension: reading and analyzing complex texts (articles, essays), short stories and newspapers.
*Watching videos in Hebrew and writing a report.
*Conducting advanced research and presenting in Hebrew with focus on current events.
*Developing fluency of speech that will allow students to present in front of an audience.
*We will put emphasis on future tense (students should know present and past tense).
Yes, we have courses for non-Hebrew speaking students. We offer three different levels:
Level 1: This course is intended for non-Hebrew-speakers, who do not know how to read and write in Hebrew.
In the course we will:
* Gain familiarity with the alphabet: sounds (vowels & consonants).
* Begin Writing: letters of the alphabet in print, nikud, words and short sentences.
* Begin Reading: simple words and short sentences.
* Begin Basic Conversation: the students will converse in Hebrew using new vocabulary learned in the course.
Level 2: The course is intended for non-Hebrew-speakers, who can read and write basic Hebrew.
In this course we will:
* Review the alphabet letters (print) and the vowels (nikud).
* Read: sentences, short stories, and enriching vocabulary.
* Develop reading comprehension: expand vocabulary and answer questions.
* Write: simple sentences.
* Develop Listening Comprehension: listening and following basic instructions in Hebrew.
* Begin basic conversations in Hebrew.
Level 3: This course is intended for non-Hebrew-speakers, who can read and write Hebrew.
The sessions will be held once a week for 45-50 minutes and will focus on acquiring and developing the following language skills: reading and reading comprehension, writing, grammar, listening comprehension, and speaking.
In the course we will learn:
* Reading: sentences, short stories, and enriching vocabulary.
* Reading Comprehension: expand vocabulary and answer questions.
* Writing: writing paragraphs.
* Listening comprehension: listening and following instructions in Hebrew.
* Fluent conversation in Hebrew.
Yes! We offer a variety of courses for adults. You can read all about our adults’ courses using this link: https://www.ofekhub.org/adultclasses/
Our Hebrew courses are a year-long program and consist of 26 sessions.
Our enrichment courses vary in number of sessions (but usually consist of 5 sessions).
Each course varies in price.
Hebrew courses cost $520 for 26 sessions. Payment installments are offered.
An additional mandatory payment of up to $60 for materials and software may be required for your course.
Our five-session enrichment courses cost $90.
You can find the price for each course on the courses page on our website.
Yes, we offer a 10% discount on our Hebrew courses for the second child you register. Please contact us to receive the discount: email@example.com
An additional mandatory payment of up to $60 for materials and software may be required for some of our Hebrew courses.
Once the materials are purchased, they are non-refundable.
All orders have a 6.25% registration and processing fee. Please note that these fees are non-refundable.
Courses are held in small groups which allows for direct interaction between students and teachers. Courses are limited to 15 students.
The relevant schedule can be found on the relevant course’s page.
The class description can be found on the relevant course’s page.
We have assembled the very best teachers from around the country. Meet our amazing teachers here: https://www.ofekhub.org/our-teachers/
Information about the teacher for your course can be found on the relevant course’s page.
All of our courses are live sessions.
Unfortunately, we do not offer make-up classes, and due to privacy issues, we can’t send recordings of our courses. You can always join the next class a few minutes earlier to talk with your teacher.
Each course page has a registration link to that course. Check https://www.ofekhub.org/
Courses will run from September 2022 through June 2023.
It is the student’s responsibility to check the course schedule before registering.
We need a minimum of 10 students to open a course. If we do not reach the minimum number of students, we will notify the students and the course will be postponed or a full refund minus a 6.25% nonrefundable processing fee will be issued.
Students may move to a different course/level before the start of the second session. After the second session begins, students cannot change their registration and/or move to a different course/level. Moving to another course/level will be possible only if there is available space in the given course.
Enrichment courses cancellation policy:
Students who cancel their registration up to a week prior to the start of courses will receive a full refund minus a 6.25% nonrefundable processing fee. After that, we do not offer a refund for the courses.
Hebrew courses cancellation policy:
Students who cancel their registration up to a week prior to the courses will receive a full refund minus a 6.25% nonrefundable processing fee.
Students who cancel their registration after the first session will receive a full refund minus a 6.25% and $25 nonrefundable processing and registration fees.
Students who cancel their registration after the second session and before the fourth session will receive a credit for the full amount minus a 6.25% and $25 nonrefundable processing and registration fees. and the cost of sessions they attended. The credit can be used to purchase another Ofek course.
Students who cancel their registration from the fourth session onward, will not be eligible for a refund.
Please note that processing fees are non-refundable.
In case of cancellation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students not attending a session will not be eligible for a refund for that session. Ofek Hub does not provide make-up sessions or recordings of a session due to privacy issues.
Courses that are interrupted due to technical difficulty on the student’s side will not be refunded or reimbursed in any way.
IAC Ofek Hub reserves the right to remove students from a course session due to improper behavior. No refund will be issued for this session. If the problem persists, Ofek Hub reserves the right to remove the student from the course without a refund.
Our Fall Semester will begin in September 2022.
Each course has a different schedule. Please visit each course page to see the specific course details.
Each session runs for 45-50 minutes.
Eastern Standard Time (EST) – This time zone is used in states like NY, NJ, MA.
Pacific Standard Time (PST) – This time zone is used in states like CA, WA, NV.
Yes! OFEK Hub courses are open to students from anywhere. If you live outside the US and would like to register for a course, please email us at email@example.com, and we will make sure you are registered.
We believe that every student who wants to learn Hebrew or learn about Israel should be able to do so. We are offering scholarships to students who need it. If you would like to sponsor a student and help them learn at Ofek Hub, you are welcome to do it in this link.
Your support will go directly to scholarships for students in need. We appreciate your help.
Join hundreds of Jewish- and Israeli-Americans across the nation that are enriching knowledge and skills through courses with top-tier teachers from the United States and Israel.