In this course, students can get credit for a second language in the high school they attend. Before enrolling in the course, make sure your child’s school is accredited by the WASC organization by checking the WASC directory
What is WASC Accreditation?
The WASC accreditation for second language credit gives students in grades 9-12 the opportunity to receive credit for completing a second language course at the OFEK. For more info click here .
How can my child earn a high school credit?
1. Verify if your child’s school accepts WASC accreditation by checking the WASC directory.
2. Select the appropriate* OFEK Hebrew course on OFEK website.
3. At the end of the course the student will receive the transcript verifying course completion.
4. The students need to submit the transcript verifying to their school, so the school can then “accept” those as credit toward their foreign language graduation requirement
*Unsure which level to choose? Schedule a complimentary Hebrew placement call to receive guidance.
1. Attend at least 90% of classes,
2. Complete all the homework assignments
3. Complete at least 3 projects and 2 assessments throughout the year.
Failure to meet these requirements will result in no credit awarded to the student.
Please note: We encourage students and parents to check with their local high school or district on their transfer policies and processes.